Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, Direct Vendor Payment (LIHEAP DVP) is designed to assist income-eligible households with winter energy services in the form of a one-time benefit payment directly to the utility companies.The amount of the payment is determined by annual income, household size, and fuel type.
Income guidelines (effective October 1, 2017)
*Gross Income for 30 Days from application date.
* For Each Additional Person, add $522.50
Documents you need to apply:
- Proof of gross income for all household members for the previous 30-day period from the date of application.
- Current copy of gas bill, and both sides of the electric bill (if you pay for your home energy directly). Bills must show rates and meter readings.
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for all household members. If a member of your household receives TANF, you must bring their Medical Eligibility Card
- Applicants that have their utilities included in the rent must bring proof of rental agreement stating monthly rental amount, that utilities are included, and landlord contact information (rent costs must be greater than 30% of household gross income for 30 days prior to application).